Memorial Hermann Virtual Care - Primary Care Program
Memorial Hermann’s Virtual Care - Primary Care Program offers Memorial Hermann Medical Group (MHMG) patients primary care consultations through the use of their computer or laptop, all within the comfort of their own home or office. Eligible patients must have been treated by a Memorial Hermann Medical Group provider within the last 12 months.
The Virtual Care - Primary Care Program physicians can assist in diagnosis and develop a treatment plan, or help navigate patients to another level of care. The program’s video consultation can diagnose a variety of health concerns including:
- Cough, cold, flu
- Eye infections
- Minor muscle or joint pain
- Nausea, vomiting, diarrhea
- Sinus problems
- Skin issues
- Stomach and digestive issues
- Urinary issues
Virtual Care does not treat emergent or life-threatening issues, chronic illness or provide medication refills.
Go to the emergency room or call 911 for:
- Chest pain
- Shortness of breath
- Broken bones or injuries requiring bandaging
- Severe abdominal pain
Advantages of Memorial Hermann Virtual Care - Primary Care Program
- Convenient access to care 9 a.m. – 9 p.m., daily
- Treat patients ages 3 years and older
- Board-certified physician
- $49 per visit
- Save time and travel costs
- Updates visit summary in your electronic health record
Who is eligible to use Memorial Hermann Virtual Care - Primary Care Program?
Memorial Hermann Medical Group patients, 3 years and older, that have been treated by a MHMG primary care provider within the last 12 months. Patients must be located in Texas at the time of visit.
Memorial Hermann Virtual Care – Primary Care Program visits are not covered by insurance. Patients will not be reimbursed the $49.00 session fee.
How does Virtual Care work?
- Eligible patient requests a visit with a physician via the online Contact Us form.
- Patient is contacted by a dedicated virtual care agent that will schedule a time for the patient to connect to an experienced board-certified physician via their MyMemorialHermann patient portal.
- Patient logs in at scheduled appointment time and the physician may make a diagnosis and recommend a treatment plan.
- After the visit, the patient will receive a visit summary accessible via their patient portal and their electronic health record is updated with information from their visit.
What devices and operating systems are supported?
Currently, we support desktop or laptop computer. We support Google Chrome, Internet Explorer and Firefox Internet browsers.